Do you enjoy having conversations with others about art?
Share your interest by becoming a volunteer gallery teacher at MOCA!
Gallery teachers make the artwork come alive and stimulate dialogue about the importance of visual learning. Working with contemporary art objects, gallery teachers offer learning experiences that encourage new ideas and creativity. Gallery teachers provide personal interaction with MOCA visitors by introducing students of all ages to MOCA exhibitions.
To apply for the program, please fill out the gallery teacher application. If you have questions please contact Education at Katherine@VirginiaMOCA.org.
No prior art or education experience required.
Gallery teacher benefits:
- Expert training in art and cultural history, communication and performance skills, tour methodology, visual interpretation, and contemporary art theory.
- Exhibition walk-through with guest curators, curatorial and/or education staff.
- Complimentary guest passes.
- 10% discount in the MOCA gift store.
- Upon completion of one full year of service, gallery teachers are eligible for a 50% discount on one Adult Studio School course per year. Gallery teachers will also receive a 20% discount for any additional Adult Studio School course for the given year.