Block Party Artwork Drop-Off
Hey artists! Please join MOCA’s Block Party exhibition. This fall MOCA explores the identity of Hampton Roads in exhibition, Matt Eich: the Seven Cities. Matt Eich is a nationally recognized artist, photojournalist and Hampton Roads native son. He has spent the past two years exploring and documenting the region to help better understand his own life and identity.
We understand that every artist who lives here has their own take on how they see and understand their world. MOCA is inviting area artists to join the party and tell us what your Hampton Roads looks like through the community exhibition, Block Party which will be located in our community gallery.
We ask that you submit one original 2-D work of art to the exhibition. All visual mediums are welcome.
- Exhibition is open to Hampton Roads artists of all ages.
- Please submit one piece of work per artist.
- Each work of art will be accepted IF:
- It is two dimensional and will fit within a 13”x13” square or “block.”
- It weighs less than 25lbs.
- It is completely ready to hang on a wall.
- There is a label on the back of the work with its title and contact info for the artist.
- Any medium is allowed.
- Submissions can be made in person from September 3-6 (Tues –Fri), 10am to 4:00pm or September 7th (Saturday) 10am-2pm at MOCA.
Please note: MOCA cannot insure works during the exhibition, nor can we accommodate requests for placing work in specific locations during the Block Party exhibition.
Artwork will be accepted for display only and will not be for sale. MOCA staff will pass along artist contact information to any interested buyers.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- See more at: http://virginiamoca.org/block-party#sthash.nrsZPrlL.dpuf